Student Academic Attire
All CenturyLink Commencement participants must be attired in the appropriate academic apparel as outlined below. If you are attending a School, College, Departmental or other event please check to see if you will need a cap and gown.
All apparel is provided by Oak Hall and must be ordered via the Registration/Order Form, at this website. Bachelor’s and master’s regalia is made from 100% post-consumer plastic bottles. It can be recycled after graduation at the University Book Store. These gowns are for purchase only – there is no rental option.
Black gown w/seal, mortarboard, degree-colored tassel
Purchase price: $45
Black master’s gown, mortarboard, black tassel, degree-colored hood.
Purchase price: $65
Doctoral Set: For Doctor of Philosophy, Doctor of Education, Doctor of Musical Arts, Doctor of Physical Therapy, Doctor of Audiology, and Doctor of Nursing Practice
Purple gown and tam, gold tassel. Ph.D. hood
- Option 1 – Rent all items (gown, tam and hood): $85. If you select this option you must return all items following Commencement.
- Option 2 – Rent the gown and tam and purchase the hood: $188. If you choose this option you can keep your hood, but must return the gown and tam following Commencement.
- Option 3 – Purchase full doctoral regalia. (Graduates wishing to purchase their Ph.D. regalia can contact Oak Hall directly at 1-800-223-0429). Candidates who wish to purchase doctoral apparel should still complete the web Registration/Order Form to purchase parking or to participate in the main Ceremony.
- L.L.M.: (Black Master gown & mortarboard, black tassel, degree-colored hood)
Purchase price: $65
- D.D.S., J.D., Pharm.D.: (Traditional black doctoral gown & mortarboard, degree-colored hood, old gold tassel)
Rental price: $75. Purchase hood and rent gown and mortarboard: $149.
- M.D.: (Traditional black doctoral gown, black tam, degree-colored hood, old gold tassel)
Rental price: $75. Purchase hood and rent gown and tam: $149.
Stoles of Gratitude
Master’s candidates receiving a double degree may purchase an additional hood for the second degree for $30.
Special honor cords are awarded to undergraduate students who have earned baccalaureate honors (Cum laude, Magna Cum Laude, Summa Cum Laude), Departmental Honors, or College Honors (Departmental Honors plus Interdisciplinary Honors). Click on the links above for an explanation of these honors. Honor cords are also available for those who have earned College Honors or Departmental Honors. If you have questions about College or Departmental Honors, contact the Honors Program at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 543-7444.
If a graduate is eligible for Departmental Honors, the graduate’s departmental advisor needs to activate Departmental Honors in that student’s record in the Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS). (If a student is pursuing both Interdisciplinary and Departmental Honors, this gives the graduate College Honors.) This should be done by April 19 so that the graduate can order the appropriate honors cord(s) when they order their cap and gown.