- Order: Academic apparel can be ordered via the Faculty RSVP/Order Form. Orders after May 9th are not guaranteed (may require generic hood).
- Pick up: Pick up apparel at the University Book Store, June 4 – June 8.
- Return: Return apparel at the University Book Store, June 4 – June 18.
Faculty may order apparel for Commencement and all School, College and departmental events through our online Ceremony RSVP/Regalia Order Form. Changes or cancellations can be accomplished by returning to the form and changing your prior submission. Once an order ships we are required to pay for it, so cancellations must take place by May 9 to avoid payment.
To guarantee that you will have the appropriate colors in your hood we must receive your order by May 9th. You may order after that date but it might be necessary to supply you with a generic UW hood.
Rental gowns are black Sussex gowns. The custom doctoral apparel of the school that conferred your degree is not available on a rental basis. However, if you received your Ph.D. from the UW, we will provide you with the custom UW Ph.D. regalia.
Rental Costs for School, College or Departmental Events
Faculty participating in the University of Washington Commencement Ceremony are not charged for renting regalia. The costs for renting regalia for other graduation events are listed below. The set price is a three-pieces-for-the-price-of-two deal. Any two pieces cost the same as the set price.
- Doctoral set (gown, hood, tam): $62.00
- Master’s set with tam (gown, hood, tam): $51.00
- Master’s set with mortarboard (gown, hood, mortarboard): $51.00
- Doctoral gown: $34.00
- Doctoral hood: $34.00
- Doctoral tam: $28.00
- Master’s gown: $28.00
- Master’s hood: $28.00
- Master’s tam: $28.00
- Mortarboard: $15.00
- Bachelor regalia (gown and mortarboard): $33.00