The University of Washington’s International Travel Registry assists UW students, faculty and staff in preparation for and during international travel. It is is not an approval process.
The information provided in the registry is confidential, and will be used by the UW Global Emergency Manager and/or designees in case of an emergency, or if the destination is under a U.S. State Department travel warning or under restricted travel by the UW International Risk, Assessment and Safety Committee. The travel registry is hosted by OnCall International, UW’s employee international travel assistance provider.
Who should use the registry?
- All UW students, graduate and undergraduate, not enrolled through the International Programs & Exchanges (UW Study Abroad Office) while outside the United States
- All UW graduate assistants, residents and fellows traveling outside of the United States
- All UW employees traveling outside of the United States
The UW International Travel Registry is simple to use. Once you have an established user profile, complete your registration by emailing your travel itinerary to the UW International Travel Registry. After you register and your itinerary is received, you will receive via email a travel guide specific to your destination with important country information and safety guidance.
Visit travelregistry.uw.edu to create a user profile for the UW International Travel Registry. The process takes about 5 minutes, and provides critical information which will be necessary in the event of an emergency.
Instructions for creating a user profile
- Go to the UW International Travel Registry.
- Click on the “register” link on the top right corner of the page.
- Fill in the required information.
- UW students must check the box for OnCall to automatically register with the U.S. State Department’s STEP (Safe Traveler Enrollment Program). While others are not required to take this step, it is highly recommended.
- Please add a photo to your user profile. Acceptable file formats include jpg, gif, png and jpeg.
- Once you submit your registration for a user profile, you will receive a verification email. Please verify your registration; the email address provided at registration will be your username.
Completing your registration
- After you have verified your registration with the UW International Travel Registry, email your travel itinerary to email@example.com.
- Before your departure date, you will receive travel guide specific to your destination with important country information and safety guidance.
If you experience problems setting up a UW International Travel Registry profile, please contact the Global Emergency Manager via email or by phone at 206-616-7927.