ON THE FLOOR
The House is not in session on Monday. On Tuesday the House votes on a number of minor bills and resolutions. Later in the week the House is expected to appoint conferees for an Iran sanctions bill and vote on a bill to provide full House voting right for the District of Columbia.
On Monday, the Senate is scheduled to hold procedural votes on several executive branch and judicial nominees. Later in the week, the Senate may begin debate on a financial regulatory ouverhaul bill.
HEARINGS OF INTEREST
Tuesday — Senate Energy and Natural Resources hearing on carbon capture and sequestration.
Wednesday — House Labor-HHS-Education Appropriations Subcommittee hearing on fiscal 2011 funding for the Health and Human Services Department.
- Senate Commerce-Justice-Science Appropriations Subcommittee hearing on fiscal 2011 funding for NASA.
- Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions hearing on the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
- Senate Commerce, Science, & Transportation Subcommittee on Oceans, Atmosphere, Fisheries and Coast Guard hearing on environmental and economic impacts of ocean acidification.
- House Judiciary Committee hearing on HR 5043, Private Student Loan Bankruptcy Fairness Act of 2010.
- House Ways and Means Subcommittee on Income Security and Family Support hearing on the role of education and training in the Temporary Assistance to Needy Families program.
Source: CQ Today