April 13, 2010
The House was not in session.
The Senate met to consider HR 4851 — Short-term extensions of various programs
- The House convenes at 2:00 pm to consider some minor bills under suspension of the rules.
- Senate Foreign Relations marks up legislation on Peace Corps expansion (S 1382), Torture Victims Relief (S 2839), Water for the World (S 624) and peace efforts in Sudan (S Res 409
- Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions hearing on the reauthorization of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act. 2:00 p.m.
WEDNESDAY AND THE BALANCE OF THE WEEK
On the House floor:
HR 4954 — Patent law
Subject to a rule:
HR 4715 — Clean Estuaries
- House Financial Services hearing on overhauling the housing finance system. 9:30 a.m.
- House Select Energy Independence and Global Warming hearing on coal’s role in a new energy era. 9:30 a.m
- House Science and Technology Subcommittee on Research and Science Education marks up a committee print on National Science Foundation programs. 10:00 a.m.
- Senate Finance hearing on using unemployment insurance to help find work for the unemployed. 10:00 a.m.
- House Ways and Means hearing on energy tax policy. 10:00 a.m.
- House Education and Labor hearing on the use of data systems in schools. 10:00 a.m.
- Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation hearing on a national broadband plan. 2:30 p.m.
Senate Judiciary marks up legislation on Medical Bankruptcy Fairness (S 1624), Freedom of Information Act delays (S 3111), community anti-drug programs (S 3031) and crimes against humanity (S 1346) and votes on pending judicial nominations. 10:00 a.m.
Source: CQ Today online