November 30, 2009
This Week on Capitol Hill Nov 30 – Dec 4
The Senate reconvened Monday, November 30, to begin formal debate on the health care legislation; the debate will most likely last through the month of December.
The House will reconvene Tuesday at 2:00 pm, with votes postponed until 6:30 pm. It will consider measures under suspension of the rules, including HR 3598, the Energy and Water Research Integration Act.
Senate Committee Meetings
Energy & Natural Resources will hold a full committee hearing on Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions.
- Energy & Natural Resources will hold a full committee hearing on Medical Isotopes Production.
- Indian Affairs will mark up a bill on Indian Youth suicide Prevention; Indian Health Care, and will also hold a full committee oversight hearing on Dental Health Care for Indians and Underfunding of Indian Health Services.
House Committee Meetings
- Agriculture will hold a subcommittee hearing on the Economic Impact of Climate Change.
- Select Energy Independence & Global Warming will hold a full committee hearing on the State of Climate Science.
- Veterans’ Affairs will hold a full committee hearing on VA Health Care Funding.
- Oversight & Government Reform will hold a subcommittee hearing on Marine and Hydrokinetic Energy.
- Veterans’ Affairs will hold a subcommittee hearing on Veterans’ Education Issues.
Source: CQ.com Alert