Monday, June 8th
· Senate resumes consideration of HR 1256, Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act. A cloture vote on a substitute amendment to the bill is expected.
· The House will take up several measures under suspension of the rules.
HR 1736 — International Science and Technology Cooperation
Act of 2009
HR 1709 — STEM Education Coordination Act of 2009
H Res 492 — A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of High-Performance Building Week.
Tuesday, June 9th
· The House considers measures under suspension of the rules.
· The Senate Appropriations subcommittees (Financial Services and General Government Labor; HHS; Education) hearings on proposed FY10 appropriations.
· Subcommittee of the Senate Commerce, Science & Transportation Committee hearing on the “Future Economic Role of Oceans.”
· Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources markup of the Comprehensive Energy Policy.
· House Appropriations markup of FY10 appropriations for Commerce, Justice, Science, and 302(B).
· House Committee on Energy and Commerce subcommittee hearing on “Allowance Allocation Policies in Climate Change Legislation” and on “Green Marketing Practices.”
Wednesday, June 10th
· House is expected to consider HR 2410 that would authorize the State Department and other diplomatic programs in FY10.
Thursday, June 11th
· House is expected to consider HR 1886, the Pakistan Enduring Assistance and Cooperation Enhancement (PEACE) Act.
· Senate Appropriations subcommittees (Military Construction, Veterans; Transportation-HUD) hearings on proposed FY10 appropriations.
· Subcommittee of Senate Commerce, Science & Transportation hearing on the 2010 NOAA budget.
· Senate Committee on Indian Affairs hearing on Indian health care
· House Agriculture Committee hearing on climate change.
· House Appropriations Subcommittee markup of FY10 proposed funding for Interior.
Friday, June 12th
· The House will reconvene at 9 a.m. and continue legislative business from the previous day.