- UW Tower Home
- U District Station
- Emergency Information
- Getting Here
- Building Access
- Lactation Stations
- Lost & Found
- Requesting Work
- Building Directory
- Building Policies
- Map of Tower Properties
- Community Events
- Contact Us
- UW Tower Art Committee
- UW Tower Cafe
- UW Tower Green Team
Display Guidelines for UW Tower Buildings
Display guidelines for the UW Tower, O, S and C building office spaces and common areas have been adapted to follow University of Washington campus building policy. The intent of the guidelines is to provide UW Tower tenants with manageable ways to display posters, flyers, banners and informational media within the facility.
Poster/Flyer Display Policies
There is a strict no taping or tacking policy for the posting of the following items within the UW Tower properties. These items are restricted to display on sign standards, easels or designated bulletin boards:
• Posters • Flyers • Temporary directional signs • Advertisement • Announcements
Taping and tacking postings directly on walls damages the paint and wall. Too many posters and flyers create visual clutter and intended messages are not read.
UW Tower public bulletin boards are located on the C-4 level in the cafeteria entrance corridor. There are three large, glass enclosed and locking bulletin boards for tenant use. Access to these locked cases is available through firstname.lastname@example.org . Bulletin boards are identified and labeled as A, B and C.
Bulletin boards in other locations are not public. Posting in these areas requires departmental approval.
Approved Poster and Flyers • UW registered group (students or department) • Arts – i.e. - Paramount, Seattle Center, theaters, cultural
Non-Approved • Commercial business 1. Exceptions: selling car, renting own house, house sitting • Political 1. Exceptions: UW registered group • Safety - Each department has a bulletin board for this information • Union - Each department has a bulletin board for this information Banners
• Approved banners for promotion of University and community events may be displayed in the C-4 level in the cafeteria. The following locations are designated for hanging banners: 1. Long wall outside of coffee-shop entrance (use existing mounting hardware). 2. Far southwest wall of large cafeteria seating area (tackable surface). 3. Far southeast wall of large cafeteria seating area (tackable surface).
• Banners are not displayed on skybridge, lobby walls, or exterior walls of the UW Tower buildings.
• Bus schedules, maps and commuter information brochures are located on the C-4 cafeteria level on the far northeast corner wall.
• No postings, flyers or banners to be displayed in the main lobby. Exception: approved, easel-mounted welcome poster OK. • A building directory will be located in the main lobby. • A display fixture for University approved, public brochure information will be provided in the main lobby. • The UW Tower Main lobby shall not be used for public and community promotions or events (such as art shows, departmental event promotional displays, and job fairs).
Approval Time • Maximum posting or banner duration is 1 month • Up to date of event (if less than 1 month)
Elevators • No postings or flyers of any type.
Windows • No taping of posters, flyers or paper to windows
Where to Have Posters/Flyers Approved
Posters and flyers need to be stamped by Building Management before being posted on UW Tower bulletin boards. Please send requests to Rachael Frost at email@example.com . Please work with your designated department floor coordinator to assist you with your display needs.