- UW Shuttles Home
- Health Sciences Express
- South Lake Union Shuttle
- Other Shuttles
- Contact Us
- Mobile Site
UW South Lake Union Shuttle (SLU) consists of two routes: UWMC to South Lake Union and South Lake Union to Harborview, with stops at certain affiliated medical research facilities.
Service is available to UW faculty, staff, students, as well as medical center patients and their families.
SLU Shuttle Stop Locations
- Printable SLU Schedule January - June 2013
- Passengers traveling from UWMC to Harborview must change shuttles at SLU/Republican, or take the Health Sciences Express.
- Commuter Services Office located at the University Transportation Center, 3745 15th Ave NE
- The Health Sciences Information Kiosk off NE Pacific Street
- UW Medical facilities serviced by the South Lake Union Shuttle.
Transportation Services together with the School of Medicine commenced operation of the South Lake Union Shuttle on July 12, 2004.
Shuttle service operates Monday through Friday, excluding University holidays.
University Holidays 2013
|Day after New Year’s Day||Tue, January 1|
|Martin Luther King Day||Mon, January 21|
|Presidents Day||Mon, February 18|
|Memorial Day||Mon, May 27|
|Independence Day||Thurs, July 4|
|Labor Day||Mon, September 2|
|Veterans Day||Mon, November 11|
|Thanksgiving Day||Thurs, November 28|
|Day after Thanksgiving||Fri, November 29|
|Christmas Day||Wed, December 25|
Subscribe to shuttle updates on Twitter
- RIDER ALERT: Effectively Immediately (Sept 24, 2012): Hitchcock North stop has been relocated to the north side of NE Columbia Rd at the D-Wing shelter.
- RIDER ALERT: Starting July 2, UW South Lake Union Shuttles will no longer stop at the Eastlake clinic (UW Physicians). Riders should note that shuttles that used to stop at Eastlake will depart South Lake Union two minutes earlier.
- RIDER ALERT: On July 2, the SCRI north bound stop will relocate from Stewart St to Terry Ave, just north of Stewart St. Signage will be placed at these locations.
- Mercer Corridor Project
At this time there are no impacts to SLU shuttle service, but please be aware of the occasional delays that may occur due to construction.
See the Construction Notice for impacts to the SLU area. More details on the entire project can be found on SDOT’s website.
Live Shuttle Tracking
Click to view Live South Lake Union Routes.
Latest browser versions required
Text uwslu # to 41411 where # is the shuttle stop number. For example, texting uwslu 11 to 41411 will return the arrival time estimate for the UWMC stop.
In the event of inclement weather, schedule or service changes will be posted on our website. You can also call us 206.685.3146 for updates.