Parking Fleet Services and UCAR Vehicles
Fleet Services and UCAR Vehicles On Campus
• Fleet Services vehicles may be parked in designated parking areas on campus without purchasing a UW parking permit. There are areas on campus where Fleet Services vehicles are not authorized to park. Parking in these areas may result in a parking citation.
These areas include:
• Areas with official signs prohibiting parking
• Within 15 feet of a fire hydrant
• In fire lanes
• Wheelchair and disability stalls and lots
• Lots and stalls specifically designated for other departments (e.g." University Police Vehicles Only”)
• “Restricted” stalls
• “Service Vehicle Only” stalls
• Load zones ( over the posted time period )
• In front of any gate, ramp, or other area where parking would block access. In these situations, the vehicle may be towed.
• Areas not designated for parking
If unsure of where to park a University vehicle, contact Parking Services (206) 685-1543.
Fleet Services and UCAR Vehicles Off Campus
• When parking a vehicle off campus, the department is responsible for all parking fees.
• University vehicles are not exempt from parking fees in privately owned parking lots.
• Operators are personally responsible for parking violations and towing and/or storage resulting from parking violations.
• In the City of Seattle, University vehicles are exempt from paying parking meters for the extent of the meter. For example, if the meter is a 2-hour meter, a University vehicle may park without paying for 2 hours.
• This arrangement is only valid in the City of Seattle and is not valid in other cities and communities (e.g. Olympia, Bothell and Tacoma).