The University of Washington: Facilities Services
Motor Pool

Fueling Vehicles

In the Seattle area, obtain all fuel and maintenance services from Fleet Services. Comdata credit cards should only be used when travelling outside the Seattle area, when the Fleet Services is closed, or in emergency situations.

Daily Rentals: Vehicles should be filled with a full tank gas when picked up and do not need to be returned with a full tank of gas.

UCAR: Vehicles must be returned with at least a 1/4 tank of gas.

Outside Agency Vehicles: Vehicles must be returned with a full tank of gas unless the Rental Agreement states otherwise.

Non Motor Pool State Vehicles and Equipment: Fuel purchased at Fleet Services must use a UW budget number. A fuel transaction receipt must also be completed to document the transaction.

Comdata Cards:

  • Comdata cards are assigned to specific vehicles : do not use the card to fuel other Fleet Services or State vehicles, or to fill gas cans.
  • All non-fuel transaction receipts for Comdata cards including oil, vehicle repair and car washes should be forwarded to the Fleet Services Rental Office.
  • If a client is unable to use the Comdata Card and must use personal funds for fuel contact Fleet Services for reimbursement instructions.