The University of Washington: Facilities Services

Fueling Vehicles and Credit Card Use

Fueling Vehicles

In the Seattle area, obtain all fuel and maintenance services from the Fleet Services. Comdata cards should only be used when outside the Seattle area or in emergency situations.

Daily Rentals: Vehicles should be full when picked up and do not need to be returned with a full tank of gas.

UCAR: Vehicles must be returned with no less a 1/4 tank of gas.

Outside Agency Vehicles: Vehicles must be returned with a full tank of gas unless Rental Agreement states otherwise.

Non Fleet Services State vehicles and Equipment: Fuel must be purchased ONLY at the Fleet Services using a six digit departmental budget number. A fuel transaction receipt is to be filled out in the Fleet Services rental office to record transaction.

Comdata Cards

Comdata cards are assigned to specific vehicles; do not use the card to fuel other Fleet Services or State vehicles or to fill gas cans.
All non fuel transaction receipts for Comdata cards including oil, repair and car wash should be forwarded to Fleet Services.
If a client is unable to use the Comdata card and must use personal means to pay for a fuel transaction, they may be reimbursed from Fleet Services. Save all receipts and bring to the Fleet Services office for Petty Cash authorization form.

Credit Card Use

The Comdata Credit Card is accepted at most major fuel stations across the United States and Canada. Comdata Credit cards are accepted at any fuel stations that accepts Mastercard

Credit cards may be used to purchase the following:
Regular unleaded fuel
Diesel fuel
Emergency service
Necessary vehicle accessories such as windshield wiper blades

Misuse of a gas credit card includes, but is not limited to the purchase of:
Food or drinks
Transactions coded as miscellaneous
Full service
Premium or Super unleaded fuel Fuel additives

Fleet Services will charge departments for misuse of credit cards. Drivers are responsible for repayment of these costs to the department.

Authorization Codes The Comdata credit card requires a PIN or Driver ID number. Each Vehicle has a Comdata pamplet in the glove box that will reveal what the PIN number is. If you are picking up a Comdata card for an outside agency rental, the PIN will be revealed when you pick up the card from Fleet Services.

Odometer Reading When prompted to do so, enter the current vehicle mileage (not the trip meter reading)

Fuel Receipts: All receipts for fuel purchase are to be turned into Fleet Services either in person or can be mailed via campus mail Box 354270

Comdata brochures are available  in the vehicle packets located in the glove box of all  vehicles and are also available in the Fleet Services rental office

* Outside agency rentals may only use the Comdata Cards for fuel.