- Maintain a valid drivers license and UW Husky Card or letter of authorization from your department, and have it on your person when operating a vehicle.
- Inspect the vehicle upon rental and report any damage to the Rental Office prior to leaving the parking area.
- Wear a seat belt and ensure that all passengers also wear seat belts. Make sure there is a seat belt for each passenger in the vehicle.
- Practice defensive driving techniques. Stop the vehicle to make or receive cell phone calls.
- Obey all posted speed limits, taking into consideration road conditions, weather, traffic conditions, and pedestrians.
- Clean and wash the vehicle as needed to maintain a positive appearance.
- Keep a litterbag in the vehicle. Do not apply bumper stickers, miscellaneous decals, signs, or ornaments to University vehicles.
- Do not modify the vehicle in any way. Vehicle modifications must be approved and performed by the Fleet Services. Fee may apply for removal or repair for extraneous items.
- Keep the floors and steps of the vehicle free from items that could cause slips, falls, or could be tossed around. Secure all loads and do not remove installed partitions or gates.
- Fuel and service the vehicle at the Fleet Services. If necessary, contact the Motor Pool for information on obtaining services at an alternative site.
- Promptly respond to maintenance notices sent via e-mail, by scheduling an appointment with the Rental Office. The Fleet Services Maintenance Shop performs prev. maint. and safety inspections as recommended by the designated maint. schedule.
- Do not smoke or consume alcohol while driving a University vehicle and do not transport alcoholic beverages.
- Do not drive a vehicle when feeling drowsy, or while taking medication that may cause drowsiness.
- Do not transport animals in a University vehicle with the exception of companions for the disabled and/or visually impaired.
Assigned Vehicles: In addition to the above, must maintain a vehicle log of all long-term and/or assigned vehicle usage. Vehicle Log