Van Operator Training F.A.Q's
- Is this requirement still needed for vans rented from an outside rental (e.g. Enterprise?) or state owned non-Fleet Services vehicles.
- Yes. OFM requires van training for all state employees driving 12 passenger, cargo and carry all vans while on state business.
1 Drivers and supervisors are required to have a UW NET ID
2 Sponsor a UW NetID http://www.washington.edu/computing/uwnetid/sponsored.html
- Contact the Fleet Services office at 206-221-3594.
- The new supervisor just logs on to the Fleet Services' online user system. Enter the "Driver Maintenance" option.
- Add the driver as a "New Driver" and all the drivers info is transferred to the supervisor.
- Print out the driver training forms in PDF format.
- The supervisor is authorized to complete the on-line acknowledgment for the driver.
- If you don't have a supervisor and/or an administrator, the person who manages your personnel file would be
authorized. Please refer to your Human Resources division within your department. Per OFM guidelines, the
Valid License to Drive and Driving Experience Statement form requires two separate signatures.
- Daily vehicle rentals: The approved van driver is responsible for ensuring all drivers complete van training
- Assigned department vehicle rentals: The supervisor/administrator is responsible for ensuring all drivers complete van training
- The driver will be required to complete the training prior to receiving the van.
for a driver not affiliated with the UW?
- The person making the reservation should use their own UW NETID as the
driver and ensure that all drivers complete
the on-line van training requirements prior to van pick up.
- With an electronic record of the completed driver training, Fleet Services will authorize approved drivers to
pick up and drive these vans. Drivers who do not complete the on-line training will be required to present a
copy of the required training forms upon each pick up.
- Once the on-line training is complete, the system will send auto email notification to the driver and
supervisor upon training expiration.
- No. New members however, are required to agree to Fleet Services policies
- Van training renewal must be completed every two years