Fleet Services Van Operator Training
The Office of Financial Management has enlisted a new set of safety training requirements for operators of 12 passenger, cargo and carry all vans. Effective July 1st 2007, Fleet Services will require that all van operators meet the OFM Van Operator Safety Requirements prior to releasing these vans to the operators. The training includes reviewing a 12 passenger van training information file and printing and reviewing two required forms. Instructions for the training is listed below.
PLEASE NOTE: All employees and students planning to get behind the wheel of a UW Fleet Services full size passenger van (8 or 12-person) must take the new Hands-On, Van Driver Training Course that we're providing at no cost to you or your UW department. Upon completion, drivers will receive a Full Size Passenger Van Driver Certification that, along with a driver license valid in Washington State, will be required to drive any University full size passenger van. This is an important enhancement to Fleet Services' safety program that will provide drivers with the necessary certification and skills to drive these vans. Customers driving 7-passenger minivans, SUVs or cargo vans aren't required to complete this training. For more information please contact the Fleet Services Rental Office at (206) 221 3202.
Instructions for Department Driver
- Review VAN OPERATOR TRAINING FILE.
- Review and sign the two required OFM VAN TRAINING FORMS.
- Log on to the ONLINE USER SYSTEM
- Complete Fleet Services Basic Driver training. Fleet Services Basic Driver training is required before driving or renting any Fleet Services vehicle. Fleet Services basic driver training is a onetime training that will begin when you log in, try to make a rental, or update a profile. If Basic driver training has been previously completed your account page and rental page will load.
- Select "Update Profile ".
a. Under "Driver Information" fill in your drivers license number, license state and license expiration date if it not already entered. If it is already entered, confirm your information is valid.
b. Enter your supervisors' UW Net ID. You must enter your supervisor's UW Net ID in this field to complete the van training.
c. Check the box that says "Training Completed".
d. Select "Save Changes" at the bottom left corner of the screen.
e. Take the two completed and signed OFM Van Training forms to your supervisor or administrator
Instructions for Department Supervisor/Administrator
- Familiarize yourself with the VAN OPERATOR TRAINING FILE .
- Complete Fleet Services Basic Driver training. Fleet Services Basic Driver training is required before you can log in and approve drivers as completing van operator training. Fleet Services basic driver training is a onetime training that will begin when you log in, try to make a rental, or update a profile. If Basic driver training has been previously completed your account page and rental page will load.
- Receive both signed OFM forms from driver
- Maintain OFM Van training forms in the driver’s department personnel or training files.
- A supervisor will either receive an e-mail that a driver has completed the online training or they may have verbal verification that the driver has reviewed the required online training.
- Once the supervisor has the two required forms and verification that the online training is complete, they can complete the training acknowledgement from the Fleet Services online system.
- Complete Fleet Services' on-line supervisor van training acknowledgement for departmental van drivers.
- Log on to theONLINE USER SYSTEM
- Select "Driver Maintenance ". (If this option is not available, please contact the Fleet Services for supervisor initial entry)
- Make sure "Training Completed" is checked off, or check off yourself
- Check off "Training Verified".
- Click "Save Driver Changes"