The University of Washington: Facilities Services


If an operator needs to purchase services or repairs from a source other than the Fleet Services, the operator should:

  • Obtain permission from the Fleet Services Shop for any repairs.
  • Use the credit card issued with the vehicle.
  • If personal funds are used, verify that the services rendered are covered by the rental fee agreement and record the vehicle license number and vehicle number on ALL receipts.

The following expenses are not reimbursable per RCW "Miscellaneous Travel Expenses":

    • Out of pocket charges for vehicle service calls caused by the negligence of the traveler.
    • Delivery of fuel
    • Retrieval of keys from a locked vehicle
    • Jump-starting vehicles when lights have been left on, etc.
Under approved circumstances, reimbursement may be obtained through the following procedures:
  1. Required Forms

    Complete a PETTY CASH VOUCHER, form UoW 1243, from the Fleet Services Office. When requesting reimbursement for purchases related to a Fleet Services rental, the receipts and dates of the rental must be verified by the Fleet Services Office.

  2. Receipts

    Bring the original receipts to the Fleet Services Office for verification of charges and rental dates.

    • Original receipts must be legible, have the vendor's name, date and description of the products and services purchased, and the monetary amount paid.
    • Credit card receipts that are not complete may be returned.
    • Include the vehicle number or confirmation number on all receipts.
  3. Cash Reimbursement Limit

    The limit for cash reimbursements is $200.00. Reimbursements exceeding this amount will be made by check from Purchasing and Accounting.

  4. Obtaining Reimbursement

    The Petty Cash Voucher and receipts must be sent to the Fleet Services Office for approval. Once approved, take the form to the Petty Cash Window at Purchasing and Accounting.