Manage Budget Number Authorization
Budget Authorizers and Billing Contacts receive email notification whenever a new online client establishes an account or attempts to reserve a vehicle using one of their budgets. This procedure allows Fleet Services to check appropriate access to budgets by allowing departments to approve and cancel use of their accounts.
To approve or cancel a client's use of a budget, follow these steps:
- Login to the online system
- From the main menu, select Edit Budget Parameters - Add New User
- If you manage several budgets, a table showing all budgets will appear. Click UPDATE next to the appropriate budget
- Scroll down to the "Users" table - this is where you can manage use of this budget:
- Find the UW Net ID of the user in question
- Change the "Select Status" menu to either "Approved" or "Cancelled"
- Change the client's access to ISD/CTI records by checking or un-checking the "Billing Access" box
- Click "Save Budget Changes" to update the user's record
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to go "Back to Main Menu"