- Commuter Services Home
- Policies & Committees
- About Us
- Events & Promotions
- Getting to Campus
- Products and Payments
- Husky Sports & Athletics
- Commute Champion
- Contact Us
- Special Designator Fees
Seattle Campus Faculty/Staff U-PASS and ORCA
Do you have questions or are you having issues with your new U-PASS powered by ORCA?
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions
U-PASS is Joining the Pod
U-PASS is partnering with ORCA to include the region’s transit smart chip inside your Husky Card to power U-PASS transit benefits. As of July 1, 2011, your U-PASS is stored inside the chip in your Husky Card.
New Husky Cards are Here
Because the U-PASS transit benefit is powered by the ORCA technology inside the card, all faculty and staff who want to participate in U-PASS need to have one of the new Husky Cards.
Commuter Services distributed the new Husky Cards via Payroll Unit Coordinators in the June 10th distribution. In order for us to have received your card from the Husky Card Office you must have fulfilled the following by May 13:
• Been a U-PASS member when the card list was finalized on May 13, 2011
• Had a photo on file with the Husky Card Office (Faculty and staff had a photo on file IF they already had a photo on their current Husky Card, had a photo taken for a department badge through the Seattle Husky Card Account & ID Center or participated in the February ID card photo fairs at the UW Seattle campus.)
• Been eligible for a Husky Card
• Been employed at UW Seattle
For more information about the distribution of new Husky Cards, visit the Husky Card website
New U-PASS members must finalize activation of their U-PASS powered by ORCA to use it on transit.
U-PASS members who do not finalize activation within 60 days of purchase must submit a reactivation request to Commuter Services.
U-PASS: What Stays the Same?
Purchasing your U-PASS will not change. Employees in permanent positions working at least 50 percent time can continue to purchase/renew U-PASS through Commuter Services. Your new Husky Card with U-PASS membership is still your key to the extensive range of benefits that includes:
• Unlimited rides on King County Metro, Community Transit, Pierce Transit, Kitsap Transit, or Everett Transit bus services and on Sound Transit’s buses, Link light rail and Sounder commuter trains.
• Discounted carpool parking
• Vanpool subsidies
• Low membership rate for Zipcar
• Emergency Ride Home
• Discounts and special offers at more than 30 local merchants
• Discounts on helmets, lights, pedometers and more at Hall Health (Wellness Resource Center)
U-PASS: What is Changing?
No more stickers. Now that faculty and staff have transitioned to the U-PASS powered by ORCA, U-PASS membership can be turned on or off electronically.
Faculty and staff U-PASS members are issued a Merchant Discount Card that allows them to take advantage of the discounts and special offers provided by our U-PASS Merchant Discount Partners.
Your U-PASS powered by ORCA still allows you to get up to 70 dollars worth of vanpool credits per month. But, you do not need to send a copy of your Husky Card to your transit agency. All vanpool participants interested in receiving the U-PASS vanpool credit need to register their participation with Commuter Services. Registration must be submitted no later than July 6 in order to start receiving the credit for July and beyond.
Learn more about Vanpooling, the vanpool credit, and registering HERE
Please check back to this page for updates.