The University of Washington: Facilities Services

Motorcycle (CYC) Permit

Motorcycle (CYC) Permit

Who can purchase it?

Faculty, Staff and Students.

When can I park?

All day, every day.

Where can I use it?

Faculty, Staff and Commuting Students

Any cycle stall on campus and in any non-restricted load zone (up to the posted time limit). Cycle spaces are located in lots throughout UW campus.

  • N01 (12)
  • N03 (3)
  • N05 (9)
  • N10 (6)
  • N12 (11)
  • N13 (10)
  • N14 (10)
  • N21 (12)

  • W10 (10)

  • W14 (2)
  • W29 (11)
  • W32 (10)
  • W33 (4)
  • W35 (2)
  • W46 (8)

  • C02 (35)

  • C12 (10)
  • C15 (22)

  • Tubby-Graves (8)

  • S01 top (5)

  • S01 middle (8)
  • S01 bottom (32)
  • S8 (11)
  • S12 (2)

  • Oceanography Dock East

  • Oceanography Dock West

How much does it cost?

This permit costs $141.00 per quarter for UW faculty and staff. Please present the current vehicle registration at the time of purchase.

The price for a quarterly student Cycle permit varies by the length of each academic quarter, but is typically around $40 (whereas a quarterly student SOV permit is typically around $300). This discount reflects the cost of the Universal U-PASS fee. Visit the University Transportation Center with your Husky Card and vehicle registration to purchase a Cycle permit. Payment can be made with cash, check, Visa/MasterCard, or Husky Card Account. Directions to our office can be found at this website.

For immediate assistance, please contact Commuter Services at 206-221-3701, or email us.

What else should I know?

Vehicle Registration Required: All customers must have a vehicle registered on their account in order to purchase a parking product. To add a vehicle to your account, you must provide a copy of your vehicle registration or other documentation to validate the license plate, make, year, and model of the vehicle. In lieu of the vehicle registration, a photo of the license plate will be accepted.


  • Faculty and staff will be issued a complimentary U-PASS by Commuter Services, upon request.
  • Students: Contact Commuter Services for Student Cycle Permit information.


  • Faculty and staff: You may return your permit to Commuter Services at any time for a refund of future days paid. If you elected payroll deductions as your payment type and wish to stop deductions, you MUST return the permit to Commuter Services and sign a stop-deduction form. If you chose to receive a complimentary U-PASS with your permit, it must also be returned in order to cancel your parking permit.
  • Students: You may return your permit to Commuter Services at any time for a refund of future days paid.
  • Your refund will be processed in the manner the initial payment was received. If you paid by credit card, you must bring the same card to receive your refund. If you paid by check or in cash, please note that refund amounts in excess of $100 will take 4-6 weeks to process. Husky Card account purchases will be refunded same-day onto your Husky Card.

Proper Display

Motorcycle and scooter permits shall be prominently displayed on the front or left side of the vehicle.

Faculty and Staff

Cycle permit holders who occasionally also drive a car may additionally purchase Individual Commuter Tickets (ICTs).


Students are eligible for quarterly Cycle permits only.