Campus Engineering - Records
Records scan-to-web project...
- Total 'active' Drawings held -> 108,387
- Total 'active' Drawings viewable on the web -> 107,230
- That's 98.93% of Total 'active' Drawings held
- Total Specs/Manuals held -> 9,146
- Total Specs/Manuals viewable on the web -> 3,620
- That's 39.58% of Total Specs/Manuals held
- Specs/Manuals received before January 2003 will be scanned and viewable after a future project to move them from University Archives to Records Retention
Almost everyone should be able to view/print/download the documents linked to our web database now (see numbers above). Changes allow the images to load into the default graphics viewer on your computer. The largest known viewing problems involve some Windows Vista/IE7 combinations or tiff images associated with improper viewers (such as QuickTime) on your local machine.
The mission of the Campus Engineering - Records unit of the Engineering Services office is to receive and maintain facility record documents commonly used by campus units, students, consultants, and the general public. The Campus Engineering - Records unit also provides document reproduction services, Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) services, campus aerial photos, and other specialty services.
Campus Engineering - Records offices are on the University of Washington Seattle campus on the first floor of Plant Operations Annex 7 (just south of the Power Plant). Additional information is available on SeaTac airport to UW Seattle campus map.
Hours of Operation
Services Offered by Campus Engineering - Records Include (see Pricelist for cost information)...
- Provide index to engineering documents
- Large format Xerographic copies
- Trimming and folding of engineering drawing sets
- Bond copies from 35mm aperture cards (microfilm)
- Self service 8.5"x11" bond copies from 16mm microfiche of project manuals
- Supply AutoCAD format Computer Aided Design (CAD) files where available
- Produce plots from AutoCAD format drawing files, MSExcel spreadsheets, MSProject files, or other large format files