Safety Orientation/Training SAFETY 90-1 (Rev. 5/95)
To provide basic safety orientation for new employees and to ensure that job instruction includes applicable safety instruction.
Before new or transferred employees start their first assignment, supervisors should discuss the items covered in the attached New Employee Safety Orientation checklist provided by Environmental Health and Safety.
Supervisors should satisfy themselves that all employees receive applicable safety instruction for every job to which they are assigned. Supervisors are expected to monitor job performance to assure that work is done safely.
- Administrative Policy Statement 10.3 - Occupational Safety and Health Programs: General Requirements for WISHA Compliance
- Administrative Policy Statement 10.4 - Personal Protective Equipment and Clothing
- WAC 296-800-14005 - Develop a formal, written accident prevention program
- New Employee Safety Orientation checklist
Responsibility : Action
- Provide safety orientation to new or transferred employees
- Ensure that job instruction includes safety instruction
- Monitor employee’s work to assure that it is done safely
- Report incidents/accidents to supervisor
- Report unsafe conditions to supervisor
- Check tools and equipment before using