UW Lockout/Tagout Safety Program SAFETY 94-1 (Rev. 5/95)
To protect the safety of Facilities Services employees and prevent injuries that could result from the unexpected startup, energization, or release of stored energy during the servicing and maintenance of equipment.
Employees, Leads, Supervisors, and Department Managers must comply with the UW Lockout Safety Program. A complete copy of the program is attached to this Safety Practice.
- WAC 296-803 - Lockout/tagout (Control of hazardous energy)
- Administrative Policy Statement 12.6 - The Lockout Safety Program — Requirements for the Control of Hazardous Energy
- UW Facilities Services Lockout/Tagout Safety program
- UW Supervisors Annual Lockout/Tagout Evaluation Form
- Lockout/Tagout Form
Responsibility : Action
- See UW Lockout Safety Program for employee’s responsibilities
- See UW Lockout Safety Program for Supervisor’s responsibilities
- Monitor Facilities Services’s compliance with UW Lockout Safety Program