Fall Protection SAFETY 05-2
To protect the safety of Facilities Services employees and prevent injuries from falls.
Employees, leads, supervisors, and managers must comply with the UW Fall Protection Program. A complete copy of the program is linked to this Safety Practice.
- UW Fall Protection Program
- WAC 296-155, Part C-1 - Fall Restraint and Fall Arrest
- WAC 296-800-260 - Floor Openings, Floor Holes, and Open-sided Floors
Responsibility : Action
- Employing departments are responsible for implementing the confined space entry program for their employees who enter or assist those who enter confined spaces. Supervisors must assure that the procedures are followed whenever employees enter a confined space.
- Employees are required to follow prescribed safety practices and procedures and use appropriate personal protective equipment when entering a confined space.
- Monitor Facilities Services’ compliance with UW Fall Protection Program
For more information, please see the “UW Fall Protection Program” link above