To report a fire:
- If you discover a fire, activate the nearest fire alarm manual pull station, and then, from a safe location, call 9-911.
Fire procedures for occupants:
- When an alarm sounds on your floor, begin immediate evacuation. Close doors and windows behind you.
- If you discover a fire, activate the nearest pull station and call 9-911. Then you may attempt to put it out if it is small (no larger than a waste basket). Do not attempt to extinguish a fire unless you have been trained to do so. If the fire is too large or you are uncomfortable or unfamiliar with the proper use of a fire extinguisher, simply close the door and evacuate.
- If the fire alarm does not work, call 9-911 and notify all occupants verbally of the emergency and the need to evacuate.
- Evacuate via the nearest stairwell or grade level exit. Do not block/wedge exit doors in an open position. The doors must remain closed to keep smoke out and keep them safe for evacuation and fire personnel. Leaving doors open makes the stairwells dangerous and unusable.