Construction and Demolition (C&D) Waste
Recycling & Solid Waste collects a wide variety of materials as part of its construction and demolition (C&D) waste stream.
What is acceptable as C&D waste
- Wood waste (nails ok): lumber, plywood, MDF, sticks, pallets, painted wood
- Scrap metal: rebar, steel, wire, brass, copper, aluminum, etc.
- Concrete & rubble: concrete (with rebar/steel ok), bricks, asphalt, porcelain, dirt, rocks, sand
- Models & artwork: models made of stick, cardboard, metal, combined materials
- Broken furniture: wood, metal, plastic, fabric, combined materials
What is not acceptable as C&D waste
- Trash, bagged or loose
- Other recyclable items; see the procedures page for more information about particular items
- University property
Where to recycle your C&D waste on campus
Contact Recycling & Solid Waste for assistance.