UW Recycling is pleased to provide this A-Z List to help the Seattle campus make decisions about materials. Please see the links below for information about areas not seviced by UW Recycling:
- Leased Buildings
- Housing and Food Services Buildings
- UW Medical Center Facilities
- Harborview Medical Center
Be sure to consult the UW Records Retention Schedule before disposing of any records (documents, photographs, slides, audiotapes, videotapes, CDs/DVDs, etc.) Also, any items purchased with University funds that are no longer needed, no matter the condition, must be transferred to UW Surplus.
Remember that UW has its own contracts with various solid waste and recycling vendors that are separate from those at private residences or other businesses within the City of Seattle.
"What do I do with...?" A-Z List
Don’t see what you need? Contact UW Recycling.
- Cans & Bottles
- Cartridges for Printers & Copiers
- Cell Phones
- Chemical Containers, Empty
- Coffee Cups & Lids
- Compact Fluorescent Lamps (CFLs)
- Compostable Serviceware
- Computer Disks
- Computers & Peripherals (working & non-working)
- Confidential Electronic Media
- Confidential Paper Documents
- Construction & Demolition (C&D) Waste
- Copier Cartridges
- Copier/Printer Components
- Cross-Cut Shredded Paper