Help local high school students achieve the dream of getting into college. Join the Dream Project on November 3 and 4 from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm and help more than 750 local high school students craft competitive college application essays. Volunteer writing tutors are needed to work with students one-on-one.
We’re looking for volunteers who are:
- comfortable working with high school students,
- able to help students formulate their ideas into a strong college application essay,
- have solid writing skills, and
- have a general understanding of the college admissions process.
A short training session will be provided for all volunteers on the unique needs of a college application essay. Volunteers are asked to commit to at least three hours and are encouraged to stay the entire day or both days. Lunch will be provided.
Saturday, November 3
11:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
RSVP for Saturday, November 3
Sunday, November 4
9:30 a.m.–1:00 p.m. or 1:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m. or all-day
RSVP for Sunday, November 4
Reminders for Admissions Workshop Weekend:
- Saturday’s parking code is “dreamproject”
- The meeting point for you on campus will be the main lobby of Johnson Hall (map)
- If you haven’t viewed the 36 minute webinar, you can do so here.