Admissions Workshop Weekend
November 19th, 2016
Admissions Workshop Weekend (AWW) is a large on-campus event Dream Project hosts. The Dream Project invites high school seniors to the UW-Seattle campus for an intensive day of college application work. College admissions counselors, writing tutors, and Dream Project mentors will be present to assist students in applying to colleges and post secondary education opportunities. Students may come being at any point in the college application process or having not started at all and receive support through to completion. Assistance with completing financial aid paperwork and scholarships is also available. Free lunch and transportation will be provided. There will also be a Resource Fair featuring representatives from different colleges and programs.
Contact Event Leads
- Volunteers and Writing Tutors: Check back in October
- High School Students: Check back in October
About the Event
What To Bring
- List of schools to which you plan to apply (if you have one)
- Draft copy of personal statement, both on paper and electronically (if possible)
- Any other admissions or applications related materials
- A laptop (if you have one). Computers will be provided if you do not have a laptop.
- Dream Project Busses:
- The Dream Project will offer bus transportation to UW from selected partner high schools in the morning and back in the evening. If planning on riding a Dream Project provided bus, make sure to RSVP and indicate from which location you will be catching the bus as space will be limited. Bus pick-up times will be emailed to students that RSVP. Please check back in early November to see which schools will be pick up and drop off locations.
- If driving and parking:
- Take I-5 North to the 45th Ave/Univ. of Wash. Exit. Turn right on 45th Ave. Turn right on 15th Ave. Turn Left on NE 41st, into the Central Plaza Parking Garage. Parking is free on Saturdays if you mention “AWW” at the parking gatehouse and free on Sunday for all.
- If taking the Metro:
- Refer to the trip planner at: tripplanner.metrokc.gov
- Type in your starting point and the destination: “15TH AVE NE & NE CAMPUS PKWY”
- Then walk east over the walking bridge on to campus