Admissions Workshop Weekend (AWW)
November 19th, 2016
Admissions Workshop Weekend (AWW) is the largest on-campus event that the University of Washington Dream Project hosts. The Dream Project invites high school seniors to an intensive day of college application work from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, November 19th, 2016 at the UW-Seattle campus. College admissions counselors, writing tutors, and Dream Project mentors will be present to support students in applying to colleges and postsecondary education opportunities. Regardless of where students are in the college application process, be it having their final draft ready or just starting from scratch, they will receive support through to completion and have all of their questions answered. Assistance with completing financial aid paperwork and scholarship applications is also available. There will also be a Resource Fair featuring representatives from different colleges and postsecondary programs for students to explore at the event. Lunch and limited transportation will be provided.
Event Lead Contacts
- Dream Project Mentors: Sign Up on DreamSIS
- Volunteers/Writing Tutors: Sign Up Here
- High School Students: Sign Up Here
- Resource Fair Participants: Sign Up Here
About the Event
|When||November 19th, 2016, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
High school seniors can attend workshops and a resource fair throughout the day, spending the bulk of the event working on applications with a break for lunch. Students will leave the UW campus at 4:00 p.m. at the latest.
|Where||University of Washington Seattle Campus
Mary Gates Hall
|Who||High school seniors|
|What||High school seniors will be working on personal statements and college and scholarship applications with support from UW Dream Project mentors, writing tutors, and admissions counselors.|
|Food||Snacks and lunch will be provided.|
|How to Get There||The Dream Project will provide limited buses on a first-come, first-serve basis from many local high schools to UW and back. We are highly encouraging the use of public transportation this year.
What to Bring
- List of schools to which you plan to apply (if you have one)
- Draft copy of personal statement, both on paper and electronically (if possible)
- Any other admissions or applications-related materials
- A laptop (if you have one). Computers will be provided if you do not have a laptop.
- Water bottles!
- Dream Project Busses:
- The Dream Project will offer limited school buses to UW from a selection of partner high schools in the morning and back in the evening. Bus pick-up times will be emailed to students that RSVP. Please check under “Admissions Workshop Weekend (AWW) Transportation” for more information regarding pick-up and drop-off times at these locations.
- If taking the Metro:
- Refer to King County’s trip planner at: http://tripplanner.kingcounty.gov/
- Type in your starting point
- For the destination, type “University of Washington, Seattle”
- The simplest route to the building is by light rail
- Upon arriving at the UW campus, check signs for directions to Mary Gates Hall
- Please be advised that if driving, parking rate will be $40 for each vehicle on that day. Please use this link to locate parking lots and gatehouses to purchase parking permits.