November 16th & 17th, 2013
The biggest and most important event Dream Project holds. The Dream Project invites college admissions counselors, writing tutors, and its own mentors to campus for one intensive weekend of college application work. Students can come at any point in the college application process and receive assistance. Some students have arrived with nothing and left with a completed college application. All of the students in the Dream Project and its partner programs are expected to come. Program includes a parent information session in the morning and information sessions throughout the day about various topics.
About the Event
|When||November 16th & 17th, 2013, 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Dream Scholars have the option of attending one or both days. The 10 am Admissions Info Session will occur both mornings and only needs to be attended once by students, parents and/or guardians, but all are welcome to attend either or both sessions. Parents/guardians are welcome to stay longer than the informational meeting if they’d like!
|Where||University of Washington Seattle Campus
Kane Hall 130 (10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.)
Mary Gates Hall and Sieg Hall (11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
|Who||UW Dream Scholars and students from partner programs (all day)
Parents and Guardians (from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m.)
|What||UW Dream Scholars will be finalizing personal statements and applications with the assistance of UW Dream Project students, writing tutors, and admissions counselors from different colleges from around the state.|
|Food||Breakfast and Lunch will be provided.|
|Getting There||The Dream Project will provide a bus from your high school to UW and back on both days. Bus schedule. Parking is also provided for free.
What To Bring
- List of schools to which you plan to apply (if you have one)
- Your Dream Project Participant Workbook (if you have one)
- Draft copy of personal statement, both on paper and electronically (if possible)
- Any other admissions or applications related materials
- A laptop (if you have one). Computers will be provided if you do not have a laptop.
- Dream Project Busses:
- If driving and parking:
- Take I-5 North to the 45th Ave/Univ. of Wash. Exit. Turn right on 45th Ave. Turn right on 15th Ave. Turn Left on NE 41st, into the Central Plaza Parking Garage. Parking is free on Saturdays if you mention “Dream Project” and free on Sunday for all.
- If taking the Metro:
- Refer to the trip planner at: tripplanner.metrokc.gov
- Type in your starting point and the destination: “15TH AVE NE & NE CAMPUS PKWY”
- Then walk east over the walking bridge on to campus