What are typical accommodations for students with mobility impairments?
Although each situation is different and the student is the best source of information regarding useful accommodations, the following accommodations are typical for a student with a mobility impairment:
- Note taker / lab assistant; group lab assignments
- Classrooms, labs, and field trips in accessible locations
- Adjustable tables; lab equipment located within reach
- Class assignments made available in electronic format
- Computer equipped with special input device (e.g., voice input, Morse code, alternative keyboard)
For more information about accommodations for students with mobility impairments, consult Working Together: Faculty and Students with Disabilities.