What are typical accommodations for students with low vision?
Although each situation is different and the student is the best source of information regarding useful accommodations, the following accommodations are typical for a student with low vision:
- Seating near front of class
- Large-print handouts, lab signs, and equipment labels
- TV monitor connected to microscope to enlarge images
- Class assignments made available in electronic format
- Computer equipped to enlarge screen characters and images
For more information on this topic, consult Working Together: Faculty and Students with Disabilities.
For specific information about computer-based accommodations for individuals with sensory impairments, consult Working Together: Computers and People with Sensory Impairments or view the video by the same title.