STEM Resources for Teachers
Accessible Science Equipment
- Accessible Science Equipment
Examples of products to help make science labs accessible to all students.
- Major Science Equipment Manufacturers
Lists dozens of links to science equipment manufacturers.
- Technology and Universal Design
Procuring, developing, and using technology that is accessible to students with disabilities.
Accommodating Students with Disabilities
- MESA Curriculum Supplement
Accommodations for students with disabilities in classes using MESA integrated science and mathematics materials.
- Equal Access: Science and Students with Sensory Impairments
Designing science education to maximize the learning of all students.
- Making Math, Science and Technology Instruction Accessible to Students with Disabilities: A Resource for Teachers and Teacher Educators
Comprehensive materials and resources to help science and math teachers fully include students with disabilities in their classes and labs.
- Making Science Labs Accessible to Students with Disabilities
Designing science labs so that all students can fully participate.
- The Winning Equation: Access + Attitude = Success in Math and Science
Strategies for fully including students with disabilities in science and math activities.
- Working Together: Science Teachers and Students with Disabilities
Legal issues, accommodation strategies, and resources that can be tailored to a specific institution by adding a campus resource list.
A discussion list that promotes the successful participation of individuals with disabilities in challenging academic programs and careers, including those in business, technology, science, engineering, and mathematics,(SEM).
Programs and Projects
The Alliance for Students with Disabilities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Exceptional Nurse
Nursing careers/studies, access issues, and information on mentors for people with disabilities.
- Research in Disabilities Education Collaborative Dissemination
Resources from disability-related projects funded by the National Science Foundation.
Science Lessons and Activities
- Access Excellence
The National Health Museum's site for Health and Bioscience teachers and learners.
- CELLS alive!
Video and graphics, including interactive elements, demonstrating various concepts of cellular structure and activity.
- Facilitating Accessibility Reviews of Informal Science Education Facilities and Programs
How to host your own accessibility review competition.
- NASA National Aeronautics and Space Administration
News, events, information and activities for students and educators about space and the US space program.
- Newton's Apple
Public TV's family science show site with science activities and resources for school and home.
- Professor Stephen W. Hawking's website
All about about Dr. Hawking's life, lectures, and writings.
- Science Magazine
The American Association for the Advancement of Science magazine.
- YAHOO! Science links
An extraordinary list of science-related links.