How can interns and employees with disabilities serve to enrich a company?
Companies benefit from having interns and employees with disabilities. These individuals enrich companies in ways that include the following.
- Having an employee with a disability may make it more acceptable for other employees to open up to each other about strengths and weaknesses.
- People with disabilities are often good problem solvers, thinking outside the box and creating solutions to problems that may not be apparent to others.
- They can promote a culture of accessibility and diversity.
- People with disabilities often create a safe place for sharing thoughts and ideas.
- Opening the conversation up around disability encourages all work processes to be accessible and all products developed to be accessible.
- Including employees and interns with disabilities makes a statement that your workplace is flexible and adaptable .
You may also be interested in What strategies are companies using to recruit employees with autism spectrum disorder? And Why should a company hire a person with a disability?