Primary funding for the DO-IT program is provided by the National Science Foundation. Additional grants have been received from NEC Foundation of America and US WEST Communications. The University of Washington also contributes substantial resources to this project.
Additional partners include:
- Advanced Networking and Services
- Apple Computer
- Albertson College of Idaho in Caldwell
- Battelle Pacific NW Laboratory
- Clark College
- Communications Technology Center
- The Evergreen State College
- Grand Coulee Dam School District
- Idaho State University in Pocatello
- Institute for Science, Engineering and Public Policy
- Lawrence Livermore Supercomputer Center
- Microsoft/Pacwest District
- Pacific Science Center
- Portland State University
- Skagit Valley Community College
- Southern Oregon State College
- University of Puget Sound
- Washington Library Network
- Washington North Central Educational Service District
- Washington School Information Processing Cooperative WEdNet
Copyright © 1994, University of Washington. Permission is granted to copy these materials for non- commercial purposes provided the source is acknowledged.
DO-IT (Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology) serves to increase the successful participation of individuals with disabilities in challenging academic programs such as those in science, engineering, mathematics, and technology. Primary funding for DO-IT is provided by the National Science Foundation, the State of Washington, and the U.S. Department of Education. DO-IT is a collaboration of UW Information Technology and the Colleges of Engineering and Education at the University of Washington.
Grants and gifts fund DO-IT publications, videos, and programs to support the academic and career success of people with disabilities. Contribute today by sending a check to DO-IT, Box 354842, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195-4842.
Your gift is tax deductible as specified in IRS regulations. Pursuant to RCW 19.09, the University of Washington is registered as a charitable organization with the Secretary of State, state of Washington. For more information call the Office of the Secretary of State, 1-800-322-4483.
To order free publications or newsletters use the DO-IT Publications Order Form; to order videos and training materials use the Videos, Books and Comprehensive Training Materials Order Form.
For further information, to be placed on the DO-IT mailing list, request materials in an alternate format, or to make comments or suggestions about DO-IT publications or web pages contact:
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-4842
206-685-DOIT (3648) (voice/TTY)
888-972-DOIT (3648) (voice/TTY)
509-328-9331 (voice/TTY) Spokane
Founder and Director: Sheryl Burgstahler, Ph.D.