Attending Conferences as a Student (Opportunities! AccessComputing Fall 2016)
Finding and going to conferences as a student can be a great way to build a network, learn important professional development skills, be exposed to new fields and job opportunities, or present about your own research.
What conferences should you think about going to? Conferences AccessComputing students have attended include the following:
- Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing
- Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing
- Career Opportunities for Students with Disabilities Full Access Student Summit
- ACM Special Interest Group in Computer Science Education (SIGCSE)
- ASSETS Conference on Computers and Accessibility
- The International Conference on Assistive Technology and Persons with Disabilities
- CMD-IT Student Professional Development Conference
- Other local computing, disability, or diversity related conferences
Interested in attending a conference? AccessComputing has limited funds to support student with disabilities who are interested in attending conferences.