8:00 - 8:30 a.m.
Registration, Networking, and Continental Breakfast
8:30 - 9:00 a.m.
Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Sheila Lange, Vice President Minority Affairs/Vice Provost Diversity, Office of Minority Affairs, University of Washington
- Matt O'Donnell, Dean, Engineering and Bioengineering, University of Washington
- Mark Leddy, Program Director, RDE, NSF
9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
Overview of AccessSTEM Project
- Mari Ostendorf, Professor, Electrical Engineering, University of Washington
- Sheryl Burgstahler, Director, Accessible Technology and DO-IT, UW Technology
10:00 - 10:05 a.m.
Small Group Discussion Introduction
10:05 - 10:15 a.m.
10:15 - 11:15 a.m
Small Group Discussion
Question: What are some specific things project partners (Seattle Public Schools, Seattle Community Colleges, Bellevue College, and University of Washington) can do in 2009–2010 to increase the participation of students with disabilities in STEM?
11:15 - 11:45 a.m
Small Group Reports and Discussion
Small group representatives each deliver a 3-to-5 minute summary of their group's discussion and accomplishments.
11:45 a.m - 12:00 p.m.
Complete AccessSTEM CBI Participant Survey
12:00 - 1:00 p.m.