Activity Worksheet: Cool and Creepy Monster Building
Today you get to be an artist as you explore the Build-a-Monster Web site. Follow these instructions to find the monster building site and build your own monster.
- If your instructor hasn't already found the site for you, find the Build-a-Monster site at this URL (ask for help if you need it):
- Select a body part to work with and then replace it with one of the choices you see. Choose another body part and replace it to create a new creature. Continue building monsters.
- Now, make your own monster building game. Your teacher will give you index cards for this part of today's activity.
- Draw a monster head on each of two index cards.
- Draw a monster body on each of two index cards.
- Draw monster feet on each of two index cards.
- Re-arrange your cards to create different monsters.
- Find a partner, exchange monster parts, and arrange your cards like a puzzle to create new monsters.
- Continue trading parts with other campers. Your friends will have some of your parts on their monsters, and you will have their drawings as part of your monsters. Continue drawing and trading.