About the CBI
The Washington State Accessible IT Capacity Building Institute on Policy #188 provided a forum for prioritizing work to help every institution meet the two deadlines presented in the Policy.
By December 31, 2016, agencies must identify an information technology accessibility coordinator to be the key contact regarding the agency’s information technology accessibility plan and to support complaint resolution, and develop policy and processes to support and ensure compliance with this policy and associated standard.
By March 31, 2017 the initial agency plan must be developed and posted.
The CBI included presentations and discussions. In small working groups, participants responded to the following questions:
- What are questions/concerns you have about implementing Policy #188 on your campus?
- What are key steps you are taking or plan to take to implement Policy #188?
- What are the campus leaders/units that should be involved in complying with Policy #188, what roles do/will they play, & what processes are in place or need to be developed?
In this CBI
- all participants contributed to its success,
- experts in key topic areas were in the audience, and
- new ideas evolved from discussions.
CBI participants shared their diverse perspectives and expertise. The agenda for the CBI and summaries of the presentations are provided on the following pages.