About the CBI
The University of Washington Accessible IT CBI provided a forum to share expertise, practices, suggestions for future collaborations, and funding ideas. Attendees came from all three UW campuses. Broad issues discussed included
- Exploring legal obligations for creating and using accessible IT
- Ensuring the accessibility of websites; Word, PDF and PowerPoint documents; and learning management systems (LMSs)
- Captioning videos
- Developing accessible online learning courses
- Promoting universal design and accessible IT
- Engaging IT vendors in accessibility improvements
The CBI included presentations and small and large group discussions. In small working groups, participants responded to the following questions:
- What can be done campus-wide at the UW to promote the development, procurement, and use of accessible IT?
- What can be done within your unit to promote the development, procurement, and use of accessible IT? What support do you need to undertake this effort?
In this CBI
- all participants contributed to its success;
- experts in all topic areas were in the audience; and
- new concepts evolved from discussions.
CBI participants shared their diverse perspectives and expertise. The agenda for the CBI and summaries of the presentations are provided on the following pages.