2004 DO-IT Phase II Summer Study Schedule - What the Second Year Participants Did
Summer Study Schedule:
- Saturday August 7.
- Sunday August 8.
- Monday August 9.
- Tuesday August 10.
- Wednesday August 11.
- Thursday August 12.
- Friday August 13.
Thanks for making Summer Study 2004 a success!
The following guidelines will help you move smoothly through the Summer Study program and gain the maximum benefit from the activities. This schedule lets you know what is planned and when to be ready!
- Plan ahead for rest, personal care, and other needs so you can arrive promptly and participate in all activities. If you require an adjustment to your schedule, request approval from a DO-IT staff member.
- On your schedule look for the following icons that highlight the major area of focus for each activity:
- Planning for college, securing accommodations, exploring different majors and fields of study.
- Exploring new and exciting career fields, participating in work-based learning, creating a resume.
- Developing technology skills, learning about assistive technology, designing a website.
- Show your appreciation for the people who are contributing their time and talents to this program by keeping an open and respectful attitude.
- Practice self-advocacy! If you require special disability-related accommodations in order to participate, request them from the presenter or a DO-IT staff member.
- Complete individual or group projects as assigned. Use time available during open computer labs to complete newsletter articles and other assignments.
- Abide by all curfews and gather only in designated campus locations. In McCarty Hall, remember that only females are permitted on Floor 3 North and only males are permitted on Floor 3 South. The main McCarty lobby and library are "open" areas.
- Be aware of your personal safety during the program, both on campus and off campus. Travel in a group of 3 or more that include an intern or a staff member. Keep track of your roommate or other "buddy."
- Wear your name tag and carry your room keys, meal card, and Summer Study schedule with you at all times.
- If you have suggestions for additional activities to add to the schedule, share your ideas with any DO-IT staff member.