2003 DO-IT Phase II Summer Study Schedule - What the Second Year Participants Did
Summer Study Schedule:
- Saturday August 2.
- Sunday August 3.
- Monday August 4.
- Tuesday August 5.
- Wednesday August 6.
- Thursday August 7.
- Friday August 8.
Thanks for making Summer Study 2003 a success!
- This schedule lets you know what is planned and when to be ready! Plan ahead for rest, personal care, and other needs so you can arrive promptly and participate in all activities. If you require an adjustment to your schedule, request approval from a DO-IT staff member.
- On your schedule look for the following icons that highlight the major area of focus for each activity:
- Strategies on how to plan for college, get needed accommodations, as well as the chance to explore different majors and emerging fields of study.
- Topics such as career exploration and planning, work- based learning, how to create a resume, and new and exciting careers.
- Developing technology-related skills, learning about assistive technology, creating an electronic web portfolio as well as web-site development.
- We ask that you show your appreciation for the people who are contributing their time and talents to this program by keeping an open and respectful attitude.
- Practice self-advocacy! If you require special disability-related accommodations in order to participate, request accommodations from the presenter or a DO-IT staff member.
- Complete individual or group projects as assigned. Use time available during open computer labs to complete newsletter articles and other assignments.
- You are expected to abide by all curfews and gather only in designated campus locations. In McCarty Hall, please remember that only females are permitted on Floor 2 and only males are permitted on Floor 3. One exception - the Floor 3 lounge is an "open" area.
- Please be aware of your personal safety during the program, both on campus and off campus. Always travel in a group of 3 or more.
- Please wear your name tag and carry your room keys, meal card, and Summer Study schedule with you at all times.
- If you have suggestions for additional activities to add to the schedule, share your ideas with Sheryl Burgstahler, Sara Lopez, Scott Bellman, or Tracy Jirikowic.