Since the passing of the Americans with Disabilities Act , more and more people with a wide range of disabilities are entering the nursing profession. Several web-based resources and organizations are available to nursing students and professionals to provide information on legal, employment, and accommodation resources.
- ExceptionalNurse.com  is a group providing support and expertise for nursing students and professional nurses with disabilities. They also have professional mentors with disabilities in the nursing field. Their website has a section on adaptive equipment and accommodation success stories.
- The National Organization of Nurses with Disabilities (NOND)  promotes the education, advocacy, and full inclusion of nursing professionals with disabilities as well as offers a variety of resource links.
- The Association of Medical Professionals with Hearing Loss  has an excellent overview of accommodations and resources for hearing loss. There is an informative section on stethoscope selection for nursing students or medical professionals with hearing loss, the factors to consider, nature of hearing loss, and hearing aid compatibility.
- MinorityNurse.com  provides resources and information pertaining to education, career development, and minority health for the growing population of minority nurses in America. Like nurses of color, people with disabilities have a lot to say about overcoming discrimination and barriers in this article, Nurses with Disabilities .
-  Americans with Disabilities Act
-  ExceptionalNurse.com
-  The National Organization of Nurses with Disabilities (NOND)
-  The Association of Medical Professionals with Hearing Loss
-  MinorityNurse.com
-  Nurses with Disabilities