MESA Accessibility Supplement: Wind Energy Curriculum
Teachers can expect to have students with a wide range of abilities and disabilities participate in MESA activities. This website provides suggested accommodations for students with specific types of disabilities participating in the Wind Energy Lessons. For information on suggested accommodations within a lesson, select one from the list below.
- Lesson 1: Energy Exploration Middle School
- Lesson 2: Investigating Nonrenewable and Renewable Energy
- Lesson 3: Measuring the Effects of the Wind Middle School
- Lesson 4: Constructing Wind Turbine & Designing Blades High School
- Lesson 5: Construct and Test Wind Turbine Blade High School
- Lesson 6: Optimizing Wind Turbine Blades High Schools
For more information about accommodating students with disabilities consult the Resources section of the MESA Curriculum Addendum: How to Fully Include Students with Disabilities. Teachers may also want to learn more about Universal Design, which is a proactive practice for designing educational products and environments to be welcoming and accessible to all students.