Measuring The Effects of Wind, Middle School
This unit contains many visual elements and reading requirements, which may pose challenges to students with vision impairments, dyslexia, or other learning disabilities. In addition, some activities involve manipulation of small objects and may require accommodations for students with upper body mobility or fine motor impairments. Have students work with partners or in small groups so that each student can contribute according to his or her strengths. For information on suggested accommodations, select an activity below.
- Warm Up and Sharing Circle
- Introduction, Reflection and Guiding Questions
- Investigation 3: Power Point Lesson
- Investigation 3: Build an Anemometer
- Investigation 3: Measure Wind Speed
- Investigation 3: Record Speed on Wind Researcher Worksheet
- Reflection and Blog Post
You may also select a disability type to see the suggested accommodations across all the activities.