MESA Accessibility Supplement: Secret Codes
This unit may pose challenges to a student with dyslexia or other learning disabilities. In addition, some activities involve manipulation of small objects and may require accommodations for students with upper body mobility or fine motor impairments. Have students work with partners or in small groups so that each student can contribute according to his or her strengths. For information on suggested accommodations, select an activity below.
- Activity 1: Additive Ciphers
- Activity 2: Modular Arithmetic
- Activity 3: Multiplicative Shifts
- Activity 4: Prime Numbers
- Activity 5: Affine Ciphers
- Activity 6: Vigenère Ciphers
You may also select a disability type to see the suggested accommodations across all the activities.