Resources on Mentoring and Peer Support for People with Disabilities
The following links are to useful resources for programs and individuals interested in mentoring and peer support for individuals with disabilities.
- Child Safety on the Information Highway - keeping young people safe online.
- Family Village: A Global Community of Disability-Related Resources - information, resources, and communication opportunities.
- Got a Good Mentor? Hold Up Your End of the Bargain - how a mentor can benefit you.
- MentorNet: The E-Mentoring Network for Women in Engineering and Science.
- National Mentoring Partnership - mentoring opportunities, resources, and guidelines for mentors.
- National Youth Development Information Center (NYDIC) - projects and activities to support youth.
- Telementoring: An examination of the potential for an educational network - the potential of telementoring.
- What a Mentor Can Do for You - benefits of a mentor in school and work.
- Group Mentoring: A Study of Mentoring Groups in Three Programs (PDF Link) - for more information about ordering this publication see PPV Mentoring Publications.
- Creating Mentoring Opportunities for Youth with Disabilities: Issues and Suggested Strategies - benefits of mentoring and strategies for mentoring programs.
- Mentoring and Peer Support for People with Disabilities - resources from DO-IT.