Academic Resources for K-12 Educators
K-12 teachers, administrators, and support staff will find these resources useful as they strive to fully include students with disabilities in their classrooms, labs, and programs. Permission is granted to print and reproduce DO-IT publications for training and information dissemination.
- Working Together: K-12 Teachers and Students with Disabilities - how to make school inclusive.
- Making Science Labs Accessible to Students with Disabilities - designing science labs so that all students can fully participate.
- Video and Publication - Working Together: People with Disabilities and Computer Technology - adaptive technology and computer applications for people with disabilities.
- Video and Publication - Working Together: Computers and People with Learning Disabilities - students and workers with learning disabilities demonstrate computer-based tools and strategies.
- Video and Publication - Working Together: Computers and People with Mobility Impairments - people with mobility impairments demonstrate computer access technology.
- Video and Publication - Working Together: Computers and People with Sensory Impairments - people with visual and hearing impairments demonstrate computer technology for school and work.
- Video and Publication - Equal Access: Computer Labs - how to make computer labs accessible to people with disabilities.
- Video and Publication - World Wide Access: Accessible Web Design - how to make Web pages accessible to people with disabilities.
- Video and Publication - Real Connections: Making Distance Learning Accessible to Everyone - guidelines for designing courses to fully include all students.
- Video and Publication - Opening Doors: Mentoring on the Internet - students develop supportive relationships with adult mentors on the Internet.
- Video and Publication - Taking Charge: Stories of Success and Self-Determination - testimonials from successful youth and adults with disabilities regarding living successful, self-determined lives.
- Technology and Universal Design - how to assure that students with disabilities have access to computer software, Web pages, and other instructional technology.
- DO-IT Internet Lessons - a collection of short, instructional email messages that can be used to guide students to resources on the Internet.
- Resources for Science & Mathematics Teachers - working with students who have disabilities.
- Universal Design of Instruction: Definition, Principles, and Examples - making your lessons accessible to all students.
- Education - Internet resources related to teaching students with disabilities.
- Child Safety on the Information Highway - keep kids safe on the Internet.
- Disability-Related Resources on the Internet - search for resources of interest to you.