College Preparation Resources for Parents and Mentors
The following resources are useful for parents, mentors, and other advocates of students with disabilities.
- Parenting Postsecondary Students with Disabilities: Becoming the Mentor, Advocate, and Guide Your Young Adult Needs - the importance of involving parents in the transition from high school to the post-secondary environment, concrete recommendations to help parents learn to mentor and advocate for their post-secondary youth, resources, and references.
- Breaking Down Barriers K-12 and Beyond: A Parents' Guide to Accessible Technology in Schools.
- Opening Doors: Mentoring on the Internet - an online community of teens with disabilities and mentors.
- Technology and Universal Design - how to assure that students with disabilities have access to computer software, Web pages, and other instructional technology.
- College Preparation Resources for Parents and Mentors - resources that families can use side-by-side to prepare children with disabilities for postsecondary education.