DO-IT NEWS * December 2013
Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking and Technology
Volume 21, Number 4
In This Issue:
- Director's Digressions: The Thread
- Scholar Profiles: Paralympians
- New AccessComputing Website
- DO-IT Staff Member Recognized by WA State Governor Jay Inslee
- Dis-course: Disability Representation and the Media, Part One
- Finding Financial Aid and Scholarships
- DO-IT Collaboration with the Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering
- Tech Tips: Don't Forget the Optional Updates
- Call For Articles
- Support DO-IT: How Can You DO-IT?
- The Browser: Calendar of Events
More About DO-IT
DO-IT NEWS is published at the University of Washington with input from DO-IT staff, Pals, Scholars, Ambassadors, and Mentors. DO-IT is primarily funded by the National Science Foundation, the U.S. Department of Education, and the State of Washington.
DO-IT (Disabilities, Opportunities, Internetworking, and Technology) serves to increase the successful participation of individuals with disabilities in challenging academic programs such as those in science, engineering, mathematics, and technology. Primary funding for DO-IT is provided by the National Science Foundation, the State of Washington, and the U.S. Department of Education. DO-IT is a collaboration of UW Information Technology and the Colleges of Engineering and Education at the University of Washington.
To order free publications or newsletters use the DO-IT Publications Order Form; to order videos and training materials use the Videos, Books and Comprehensive Training Materials Order Form.
For further information, to be placed on the DO-IT mailing list, request materials in an alternate format, or to make comments or suggestions about DO-IT publications or web pages contact:DO-IT
University of Washington
Seattle, WA 98195-4842
206-685-DOIT (3648) (voice/TTY)
888-972-DOIT (3648) (voice/TTY)
509-328-9331 (voice/TTY) Spokane
Founder and Director: Sheryl Burgstahler, Ph.D.