DO-IT Camps 2000
Summer is right around the corner and for DO-IT that means camps, camps and more camps. The DO-IT Campers program serves to teach children and youth with disabilities how to use computers, send electronic mail, and locate resources on the World Wide Web; prepare for success in college and employment; and network with other students and adult mentors with disabilities. DO-IT Camper activities are incorporated into existing summer camp activities and are tailored to individual camp needs and styles.
This year, in addition to our involvement with camps in Washington, California, Idaho, Minnesota, and Colorado, we have formed new partnerships with camps in Florida, Oregon, Maryland and Wisconsin! Here are some of the camps where you can expect to find DO-IT this summer:
- Easter Seals Fairlee Manor, Chestertown,
- Camp Courage, Maple Lake, Minnesota,
- Easter Seals Camp Wawbeek, Wisconsin
Dells, Wisconsin, 800-422-2324
- Easter Seals West, Vaughn, Washington,
- Easter Seals Camp Harmon, Boulder
Creek, California, 831-338-3383
- Easter Seals Camp Challenge, Sorrrento,
- Muscular Dystrophy Summer Camp,
North Bend, Washington, 253-627-7575
- Summer Camp for Young Burn Survivors,
North Bend, Washington, 206-789-6838
- Easter Seals Oregon, Medford, Oregon,
- Camp Lots of Fun, Puyallup, Washington,
- Easter Seals Rocky Mountain Village, Empire, Colorado, 303-569-2333
The Washington camps are supported with funds from the State of Washington. Camps outside of Washington are supported with grants from the National Science Foundation (grant #HRD 9800324), Microsoft, and the JELD-WEN Foundation.
If you are interested in attending any of these camps, please contact the camp directly. If you know of camps that serve students with disabilities and who would like to incorporate Internet and/or college or work preparation into their programs, contact the DO-IT office.