Although each situation is different and the student is the best source of information regarding useful accommodations, the following accommodations are typical for a student with low vision:
- Seating near front of class
- Large-print handouts, lab signs, and equipment labels
- TV monitor connected to microscope to enlarge images
- Class assignments made available in electronic format
- Computer equipped to enlarge screen characters and images
For more information on this topic, consult Working Together: Faculty and Students with Disabilities .
For specific information about computer-based accommodations for individuals with sensory impairments, consult Working Together: Computers and People with Sensory Impairments  or view the video  by the same title.
-  Working Together: Faculty and Students with Disabilities
-  Working Together: Computers and People with Sensory Impairments
-  view the video